Pages

Friday 2 June 2017

Playing in a tournament is fun!

Wednesday the 24th of May, our football team went to Pt. England Reserve for our football tournament. We had to meet at our school car park at 8:30 in the morning so that we can all arrive at our destination in time.

We had three teams: the year 5, year 6, and the intermediate team. In the year five and six team, we had  seven players aside including the goalie. I was the goalie, we had three strikers and three defender. The Intermediate team had 9 aside, they had four strikers, four defenders and a goalie. We played against Pt. England, Panmure Bridge, Tamaki Primary, Stonefields and Ruapotaka School. They were all really good players and they had good control of the ball.

Once all the players had assembled at our school car park, we were assigned to a car to travel in. Once we had all hopped into our designated car, we were off to Pt. England Reserve. I travelled back in my friend’s car. On our way back, Kevin and I discussed the positions that everybody had.

We were the first school to arrive at the field and Miss Choa was worried that the venue had changed. However Shawn soon arrived and so we knew we were at the right place because he’s the sport coordinator for our cluster. While we were waiting, we practiced our dribbling and passing and we also ran around the field. I felt really warm. I was very warm and tired after our warm-up so I took a break. However, after a while, I joined my team again for more warm up.

During the game, I felt a scared because I was afraid of being injured. We had five rounds and no breaks in between. Some times I caught the ball, but Sometimes I didn’t I didn’t. Our team lost four of the rounds and we had tie in the end.

I really enjoyed playing football even though we lost, but I didn’t care because I had so much fun.

Learning Intention: I am learning to structure my sentences clearly to express my ideas.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write my sentences clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.